The customer should take care of the according firewall rules.
After completing the deployment, he was unable to start up all the OCS Edge services. He got the following error:
- Failed starting the protocol stack. The service has to stop
Error code is:0xC3E93C62 (SIPPROXY_E_NO_DEFAULT_OUTGOING_CERT).Cause: Check the previous entries in the event log for the failure.
- The Office Communications Server Access Edge service terminated with service-specific error 3286842466 (0xC3E93C62).
He tried to open the page from the Edge as well from the ISA firewall, but failed.
After re examin the firewall rules he learned that the customer did not set the outbound firewall rule to download certificate revocation lists.
The rule has the be configured as:
- Local Port: 80 HTTP.
- Direction: Outbound (to download certificate revocation lists).
- Remote Port: Any.
- Local IP: The external IP address of the Access Edge service.
- Remote IP: Any IP address.